Why Ethical & Organic
All of our stocked brands take great lengths to create unique, quality children's wear, that is both ethical and environmentally friendly. The ranges are designed to ensure flexibility in wear; perfectly mixing and matching to create a variety of looks depending on your mood and the occasion.
But its not always about the end product! What is most important is how we get to the finished article. Not all brands pay to have the logo attachment of Fairtrade or GOTS, but be assured that their practises and ethos are still as strong in ensuring that all workers involved in the production of their products are treated well and paid fairly.
Please also remember its not where a product is made that is vital either, it is under what conditions. Just because a product is made in India, or China, it doesn't make it any less worthy of your purchase if it is covered under any of these Industry standard labels.
WHAT IS FAIR TRADE IN A NUTSHELL?
- BETTER PRICES PAID FOR SOURCE PRODUCTS
- (FAIR PRICES PAID , AS SET FOR THE INDUSTRY, PLUS FAIR TRADE PREMIUM PAYMENTS)
- STRONGER SELLING ROUTES TO MARKET
- (SUPPORTED LINKS TO BUYERS, ENSURING STABLE INCOMES)
- IMPROVED CONDITIONS FOR ALL ASSOCIATED WORKERS
- (FARMERS, FACTORY AND DELIVERY WORKERS ARE GUARANTEED EXCELLENT WORKING
- CONDITIONS, LIVING WAGES, AND WORKERS RIGHTS)
WHAT IS GOTS / OEKOTEX IN A NUTSHELL?
- ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY MANUFACTURING
- (CONTROLS ON CHEMICALS, TOXINS & MAN MADE PRODUCT USE)
- STRONG SOCIAL PRACTISES FOR ALL WORKERS
- (FAIR PAY, NO CHILD LABOUR, SAFE WORK CONDITIONS, FAIR TREATMENT)
- TRACEABILITY FROM SOURCE
- (ENSURING STANDARDS ARE MET THROUGHOUT, FROM RAW PRODUCT TO FINISHED ITEM)
- ITEMS 100% FREE FROM HARMFUL SUBSTANCES
If you have any specific questions regarding any of our brands, please feel free to ask. If we don't know the answer ourselves, we will find out for you.
INFORMATION LINKS TO GARMENT CERTIFICATIONS MENTIONED ABOVE: